Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche (29 Jan 2018 08:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Thomas Jones-Low (30 Jan 2018 00:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Rupert Boleyn (30 Jan 2018 00:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Tim (30 Jan 2018 01:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche (30 Jan 2018 05:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Kelly St. Clair (30 Jan 2018 06:28 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche (30 Jan 2018 06:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche (30 Jan 2018 01:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche (30 Jan 2018 03:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Tim (30 Jan 2018 04:10 UTC)

Re: [TML] Aerobraking and apogee Caleuche 30 Jan 2018 03:11 UTC

to be clear, what I was talking about over the weekend mostly involved aerobraking and aerocapture - but I'll keep in mind ways to easily communicate data that comes up. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this kind of thing, and I do see hints of Traveller wanting to be more technical and space-flight-ish (and I also know that the things that I talk about are not remotely interesting to at least 3/4ths of players, and perhaps marginally interesting to 1/5th of them and the remaining 1 in 20 are interested in the way that I am. Given the fairly small worldwide population of Traveller players that doesn't leave much.

What is the point of Traveller for all of you? Pure action-adventure bubblegum? Or more of a slow, long term exploration of a setting, investigating how human culture and civilization might plausibly evolve as average communication times increase dramatically? Or more of a setting playground, constantly adding bits of detail for its own sake, knowing it might never be played?