Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters David Jaques-Watson (27 Apr 2014 00:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 01:23 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters shadow@xxxxxx (27 Apr 2014 02:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 03:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Freelance Traveller (27 Apr 2014 02:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Freelance Traveller (27 Apr 2014 02:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 04:01 UTC)

On 26 Apr 2014 at 21:23, Kurt Feltenberger wrote:

> On 4/26/2014 8:30 PM, David Jaques-Watson wrote:
>     Dear Folks -
>     Jeff wrote:
>     > Also, there are a few posters whose messages aren't threading;
>     When I reply, I put in my own Subject line (which is usually a copy-
>     and-paste of the subject I´m replying to, plus "Re:" if required).
>     Have done for years. Especially since I get the digest version, and
>     replying doesn´t automatically include the correct Subject.
>     Are you saying that this new-fangled mailing list gets confuffled by
>     something I´ve been doing since 1995?

It'd have been breaking things the same way on the *old* list.
Threading is primarly by the "In-reply-To" header line. Which a
digest user can only insert with a bit of hassle.

> It sounds like the new list host is becoming more of a problem than a
> help. Was there a reason why something like Yahoo Groups wasn't used?

Yahoo is actively user-hostile these days. Their "improvements" a
months back *broke* a lot of things with no actuall bebefits to
users, just to advertisers.

And the DNARC fiasco of earlier this month is another symptomm.

Yahoo groups and google groups both have decent reasons to be
avoided.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com