Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters David Jaques-Watson (27 Apr 2014 00:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 01:23 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 03:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Freelance Traveller (27 Apr 2014 02:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Freelance Traveller (27 Apr 2014 02:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters Kurt Feltenberger (27 Apr 2014 04:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: SimpleLists, or Cordite? and thread-breaking posters shadow@xxxxxx (27 Apr 2014 08:06 UTC)

On 27 Apr 2014 at 0:01, Kurt Feltenberger wrote:

> Second, I've been associated with Yahoo for quite a few years; first as
> a user and later as a member of their Groups Advisory team, and while
> things may not be "the best", they're a lot better today than they were
> six years ago when I was first brought on board and met most of the
> principals at Yahoo's San Jose campus. The Groups from back then are not
> the groups from today and with the groups I manage (again, high post
> count/large subscriber base) I don't see these issues, my users don't
> see the issues, and workarounds aren't required to simply deliver mail.

Great. Tell me how to get hold of someone who can actually *fix* my
account. For some months (apparently since they set up the "new"
inteface), I can edit settings (like displaying my birthday) but they
don't actually affect anything. On top of that, if someone tries to
access my profile, it doesn't show up.

I found this out when I tried to join an age-restricted group (I
belong top a number of them, but this was the first one I'd tried to
join since the changes). The moderator rejected me for not having my
date of birth (or anything else from what they could see) visible.

Phone support was less than helpful (they tried to get me to file an
error report so there'd be a trouble ticket to work from, only they
hung up on me before I determined that the error reporting inteface
won't *accept* a report for my problem). And since they wanted me to
wait 48 hours before checking back, I haven't gone thru the mess
again, because I'd have to remember to do it not only on a day they
are open at a timre they are accepting calls, but on one where 48 hrs
later they'd also be doing it.

BTW, yahoo's email of group messages contain huge numbers of totally
unnecessary HTML comments that they never boothered taking out after
debugging the "new" setup (this was the change several years back).

I had to turn og a very iseful spam checker featuire that rejected
messages with excessive HTML comments (oftemn used bu spammers to get
around text filters). And they ignored complaints about *that* bit of
stupidity at the toime.

In essence if you are a regular user, there *isn't* any useful way to
even *contact* yahoo. (Only reason I had the phone support number was
because someone had posted it in a message about some problems).

That alone is a telling point.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com