No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (13 Jun 2014 22:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Jim Vassilakos (14 Jun 2014 00:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Timothy Collinson (14 Jun 2014 06:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:45 UTC)

Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Timothy Collinson 14 Jun 2014 06:15 UTC

> On 13 Jun 2014, at 23:57, Freelance Traveller <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
>
> When I say I have too much hands on my time, I mean it. With a
> vengeance. I've barely started putting together what should have been
> the June issue, and we're half-done already. So, I'll grab a few more
> articles, and give myself another two weeks of time, and make this a
> combined June/July issue. Not my favorite thing to do, even though it's
> not the first time, but ...

Thanks for letting us know.

I found, when doing a monthly magazine ten years ago, that much though
it irritated me, a combined issue once a year gave 'catch up' time and
a bit of a break for myself and family.  So I learned to accept that
it wasn't a failure - even if I could never quite come up with an
adequate replacement for 'monthly' when it was 11/year!  And the
summer is a good time to do the double issue when many readers might
take a holiday anyway.

All the best

tc