No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (13 Jun 2014 22:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Jim Vassilakos (14 Jun 2014 00:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Timothy Collinson (14 Jun 2014 06:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:45 UTC)

Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller 14 Jun 2014 18:39 UTC

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:36:12 -0700, Jim Vassilakos
<jim.vassilakos@gmail.com> wrote:

>quality before quantity. take your time and get it right. any particular
>articles that you're looking for or specific themes for the upcoming issue?

Not for the June/July issue, though if people were to submit More Stuff,
I wouldn't take it amiss - whilst there's plenty of reprintable stuff
already on the website that predates the introduction of the magazine
format, New Stuff Is Always Better.

However, ideally, I'd like to start putting out some of the Theme Issues
I've planned. So, if people can write articles - for any section - with
a psionics focus, and get them to me by mid-July, I'd like it, because I
think the Psionics Theme Issue would be the easiest to work up in the
first place, and I have about a half-issue worth of stuff right now,
with some reprints (only two of which are post-magazine reprints).

After that, I'd like to start accumulating material for the Cruise issue
and for the Yacht issue; the planned centerpiece for the latter would be
a sort of photo tour - someone comes up with a design and includes deck
plans, and I build "sets" using The Sims 2 and take "photos" of the
sets, then print the photos and accompanying "tour" text.

My recent comments regarding "How to Host a Traveller Adventure"
actually had the ulterior motive of prompting someone to perhaps write
one. If it happens, I'd like it to be set aboard a cruise liner,
preferably not any specific size or model; a well-done one with lots of
development and options would be a good centerpiece for the Cruise
issue.

Other theme issues for which I have at least an idea, and generally SOME
material for, include "Dark Imperium", based on a set of articles and
ideas originally from Jim Vassilakos, and "Space City", basically the
kind of thing that an "outport" might become if the mainworld were deep
in the primary's 100D zone.

Note that there WILL be a theme issue some time after ADB/Mongoose
finally releases Prime Directive for Traveller. If I could get some
articles from the authors/editors and playtesters, before it actually
came out, I could time the issue to come out either with or just after
the release - but I understand how that could be construed as
potentially violating any NDAs.

I'm also willing to look at ideas for other Theme Issues or Special
Supplements (like Mercator).

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

editor@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
http://freelancetraveller.downport.com/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2014. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

CyberNET Web Hosting (http://www.cyberwebhosting.net)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)