No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (13 Jun 2014 22:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Jim Vassilakos (14 Jun 2014 00:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Timothy Collinson (14 Jun 2014 06:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller (14 Jun 2014 18:45 UTC)

Re: [TML] No June Freelance Traveller; June/July instead Freelance Traveller 14 Jun 2014 18:45 UTC

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 07:15:52 +0100, Timothy Collinson
<xxxxxx@port.ac.uk> wrote:

>I found, when doing a monthly magazine ten years ago, that much though
>it irritated me, a combined issue once a year gave 'catch up' time and
>a bit of a break for myself and family.  So I learned to accept that
>it wasn't a failure - even if I could never quite come up with an
>adequate replacement for 'monthly' when it was 11/year!  And the
>summer is a good time to do the double issue when many readers might
>take a holiday anyway.

Yeah, and I can't say I'm in bad company in doing so; even Asimov's
seems to do one, possibly two, double issues per year, and skips a month
(usually, December) for them. And there are any number of magazines, not
excluding the original print JTAS, that are only quarterly to begin
with...

Still, it bothers me...

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
http://freelancetraveller.downport.com/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2014. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

CyberNET Web Hosting (http://www.cyberwebhosting.net)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)