Jump rating as a speed instead of distance. Evyn MacDude (21 Jun 2014 00:13 UTC)
Re: [TML] Jump rating as a speed instead of distance. Freelance Traveller (21 Jun 2014 01:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] Jump rating as a speed instead of distance. Evyn MacDude (21 Jun 2014 01:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] Jump rating as a speed instead of distance. Postmark (21 Jun 2014 09:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] Jump rating as a speed instead of distance. Evyn MacDude (21 Jun 2014 17:37 UTC)

On 21 Jun 2014, at 02:58, Evyn MacDude <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Freelance Traveller
> <xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:13:36 -0700, Evyn MacDude
>> <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How much does it change the game if you use Jump range as maximum speed?
>>
>> There isn't strictly speaking enough information about the change, so
>> here are my assumptions:
>
> Sorry, Was thinking more on the lines of 10% per parsec traveled as
> the fuel usage, keeping in line with the normal fuel use parameter.

The mains are dominated by J3 ships because their extra cost is offset
by making more trips per year, the cargo rate is slashed but does become
a rate per ton per parsec and the players Free Trader really cannot
compete but they cannot dream of affording the deposit on a cheaper ship.

[I'm guessing about the J3: your assumptions about the other time
overheads - travel to/from the 100D, loading/unloading, finding a new
cargo, etc. will affect the numb of trips per year]

Phil Kitching