[Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Freelance Traveller (31 Aug 2014 21:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Timothy Collinson (01 Sep 2014 08:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Freelance Traveller (01 Sep 2014 16:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Timothy Collinson (01 Sep 2014 19:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Freelance Traveller (01 Sep 2014 23:59 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] epubs William Ewing (02 Sep 2014 20:00 UTC)
Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Freelance Traveller (01 Sep 2014 15:34 UTC)

Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September 2014 Ready for Download! Freelance Traveller 01 Sep 2014 16:05 UTC

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:15:46 +0100, David Shaw <xxxxxx@btconnect.com>
wrote:

>Also, any plans to do an e-reader friendly version (preferably ePub, but
>any of the common formats would do) for those of us who've just bought
>an e-reader and would like to be able to read FT on the go?

I believe that most of the e-readers out there already support PDF;
while I wouldn't try to use one of the smaller devices out there (they
don't have sufficient resolution to show the entire page at anything
resembling readability, and having to scroll both horizontally and
vertically is suboptimal), the tablet-sized ones (Nook HD+ is my
personal choice, but I know at least one reader with an iPad) with the
higher-resolution screens seem to do OK with the PDF. I use the A4
edition on my Nook HD+ with N2A card (Jellybean), using the Aldiko
reader software for Android.

If I can ever find a plugin for MS Publisher 2010 that lets me 'Save
As...' ePUB, or a "printer driver" that lets me print to ePUB the way
that any number of products let me do with PDF, I'll certainly consider
bringing that format to Freelance Traveller - but as it stands, even
Calibre's conversion makes a hacked-up hairball out of an issue, so to
do a usable ePUB, I'd literally have to come up with a whole new layout,
one which wouldn't look as nice for PDF, and which would add on another
week to the production time.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
http://freelancetraveller.downport.com/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2014. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

CyberNET Web Hosting (http://www.cyberwebhosting.net)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)