12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Nick James (10 Jan 2024 21:18 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Andrew Robertson (10 Jan 2024 22:19 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Nick James (15 Jan 2024 06:56 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Peter Tickner (15 Jan 2024 10:17 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Nick James (15 Jan 2024 20:49 UTC)

RE: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve Andrew Robertson 10 Jan 2024 22:18 UTC

Hi Nick,

I observed 12P this evening shortly before 7pm when it was down to 28 degrees altitude. Skies weren't the best, about mag 5. Used the 12" Mewlon with a 20mm Pentax e/p giving x179. I thought it a tad easier to see than when I observed it 3 weeks ago on the 19th Dec in the same instrument but using a slightly lower power at x149. Again, a faintish small coma that just got fainter as it expanded with a tiny central core. Similar in extent to my previous observation.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: baa-comet@simplelists.com [mailto:baa-comet@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of Nick James
Sent: 10 January 2024 21:18
To: baa-comet@simplelists.com
Subject: [BAA Comets] 12P/Pons-Brooks updated lightcurve

The latest lightcurve of 12P is attached. There have been no significant outbursts since the one on December 14 although recent measurements from three telescopes show that the comet has brightened to around 12.9 in a
9 arcsec aperture.

We are coming up to 30 days since the last outburst so please observe this comet whenever you can and submit your photometry to the section.
The comet is now getting lower in the evening sky but it is becoming more observable in the morning sky from UK latitudes.

Nick.