Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (20 Jul 2020 05:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 12:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (20 Jul 2020 14:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 14:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 15:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 16:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 17:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 20:45 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 20:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 21:16 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Greg Nokes (20 Jul 2020 21:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 21:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Greg Nokes (20 Jul 2020 21:48 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 21:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 21:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Jul 2020 21:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Phil Pugliese (27 Jul 2020 01:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 05:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (22 Jul 2020 22:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (23 Jul 2020 11:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (23 Jul 2020 15:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (23 Jul 2020 19:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space David Shaw (23 Jul 2020 19:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (23 Jul 2020 23:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space David Shaw (24 Jul 2020 07:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (24 Jul 2020 12:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Alan.Peery@xxxxxx (24 Jul 2020 15:25 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Thomas Jones-Low (23 Jul 2020 19:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (23 Jul 2020 20:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 05:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (20 Jul 2020 17:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 05:20 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (21 Jul 2020 05:48 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 07:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 07:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (28 Jul 2020 19:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (28 Jul 2020 20:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Catherine Berry (23 Jul 2020 19:59 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space kaladorn@xxxxxx (23 Jul 2020 23:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Catherine Berry (27 Jul 2020 05:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Richard Aiken (27 Jul 2020 07:41 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2020 12:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Catherine Berry (27 Jul 2020 14:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Thomas RUX (27 Jul 2020 18:23 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (21 Jul 2020 03:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Travel in real space Vareck Bostrom (23 Jul 2020 20:59 UTC)

On 7/23/2020 3:18 PM, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> You know, I had just been thinking one could do that in Mathematica. I have
> several electrical engineer friends who swear by it for a wide range of tasks.
> Not something I'd have in my pocket though.... if I recall, licenses are not
> cheap....
>
> Is there a better way to generate dynamically stable systems? Would one have to
> start from some alternative aspect of system layout? It seems like stable
> systems evolve, but there might be some sort of way (knowing the constraints
> that apply to stable systems that make them stable) to work towards a way to
> generate stable (or at least mostly stable) systems.... ?

https://github.com/makhidkarun/accrete2

	This may work to generate stable systems. It's an old idea, and does not really
work with dice.

	The real problem ends up being using a fixed set of orbits without regards to
the size of the worlds or the ones to the next orbits in and out.

	I know the GT:First In and GURPS Space 4th rules use a system that gives some
variations to the layout, but still no modification for planet size, and may not
be any more stable.

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	xxxxxx@softstart.com