MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors ewan@xxxxxx (24 Sep 2020 11:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Rupert Boleyn (24 Sep 2020 13:56 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Thomas RUX (24 Sep 2020 14:12 UTC)
RE: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors ewan@xxxxxx (24 Sep 2020 19:33 UTC)
RE: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Thomas RUX (24 Sep 2020 22:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Rupert Boleyn (25 Sep 2020 00:45 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Thomas RUX (25 Sep 2020 02:31 UTC)
RE: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors ewan@xxxxxx (26 Sep 2020 13:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Rupert Boleyn (26 Sep 2020 16:17 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Postmark (28 Sep 2020 12:11 UTC)

Re: [TML] MT Attaching Fusion and Plasma Factors Rupert Boleyn 25 Sep 2020 00:44 UTC

On 25Sep2020 1029, Thomas RUX wrote:
> Hi ewan,
>
>> On 09/24/2020 12:32 PM xxxxxx@quibell.org.uk wrote:
>>

>> Thanks Guys,
>>
>> Now I thought that, because that's what I've done in the absence of anything else, however I couldn't find that in the rules anywhere. Which I found really strange. Which is why I asked the question. Now it might be that I'm just missing something, and I'm quite prepared to accept that I have. Could you point me to the right place?
> MT Referee's Manual p. 59
>
> "Lasers: Lasers fire a concentrated light energy in beams or pulses against enemy targets."
>
> "Energy Weapons (which include plasma guns and fusion guns): These weapons fire a highly energized beam of ionized gas at the target: with the fusion gun this gas actually proceeds to fusion."
>
> I also did a cross check in CT LBB 5 HG 2 p. 45 "Beam Weapon Table: Beam weapons include lasers and energy (fusion and plasma) guns..."
I'm not sure it's in MT anywhere as an explicit statement, but it's in
HG as you note. Probably one of those cases where 'everyone knows' and
so the absence in the new edition gets overlooked.

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>