Re: [TML] Some more thoughts on TU system development vs countries on Earth Evyn MacDude (26 Aug 2014 23:45 UTC)

Re: [TML] Some more thoughts on TU system development vs countries on Earth Evyn MacDude 26 Aug 2014 23:45 UTC

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Bruce Johnson
<johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Evyn MacDude <evyn.macdude@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Bruce Johnson
>> <johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

>>> There is no such thing as ‘urge to expand/conquer’.
>>
>> Speak for yourself, I fight that urge everyday... ;-)
>
> Hmm…do you have large fleets and tens of thousands of troops willing to keep following you for the sheer joy of conquest?
>
> I think not!

Yes, sadly to say my Horde consists of a 19 year-old and his idiot
friends, but the urge is still there.....

>> As for Japan industrialization speed up as a result of the Meiji
>> Restoration, while there was a lot of influence by the western powers
>> this was largely a Japanese initiative. Also unlike China and India
>> Japan was industrialized to nearly western level prior to 1900. (i.e.
>> less that 40 years, though there was a significant movement already
>> native to Japan at this time).
>
> Mainly because the folks behind the Meiji restoration had witnessed what happened to China and Japan :-)

Yep, the speed of the change is what amuses me.

--
Evyn