Worldbuilding/Culturebuilding Notes: Sumptuary Laws and Customs Freelance Traveller (31 May 2015 16:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Worldbuilding/Culturebuilding Notes: Sumptuary Laws and Customs Brad Rogers (10 Jun 2015 16:18 UTC)

Re: [TML] Worldbuilding/Culturebuilding Notes: Sumptuary Laws and Customs Brad Rogers 10 Jun 2015 15:41 UTC

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 19:14:37 -0400
Richard Aiken <raikenclw@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Richard,

>is - of course - that said firm only creates clothing for the "right"
>people, thus making the fact that you were "allowed" to purchase such
>attire proof of your "rightness."

I've been in places that, although they'd serve the "unworthy", the
staff went out of their way to make the customer feel very
uncomfortable.  The upshot being, of course, that said customer was
unlikely to ever return.

The only reason such places tolerated me was because I was the bloke sent
to repair their lights.  Even then, they'd rather I wasn't on the
trading floor when the place was open for business.

--
 Regards  _
I'm surfing on a wave of nostalgia for an age yet to come