Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Peter L. Berghold (27 Aug 2017 19:43 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (27 Aug 2017 19:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Peter Berghold (27 Aug 2017 19:59 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (27 Aug 2017 23:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Jeff Zeitlin (28 Aug 2017 00:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 03:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon (28 Aug 2017 04:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 07:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon (28 Aug 2017 08:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 17:15 UTC)

Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon 28 Aug 2017 04:18 UTC

Rux, your description is a Class D, or very poor C. Class E is
literally just a beacon and a relatively level piece of ground.
Beanstalks are used in the really rich areas, where the flow of
traffic requires such an investment.
Shuttles from a highport made from a stripped colony ship would make
its class dependent on native manufacturing capability (can they
manufacture more shuttles easily?), and refined fuel capacity. Most
colonies are going to land their ship however, in a setting with
countergrav/reactionless drives. It just makes it easier.

As to the original question,"General Ground Services", or maybe
"General Parking". Hey, it fits - now remember the slot number and
make sure the pass is facing the port side of the bridge window.
Most ports, IMTU, are run on a first-come-first-served basis, so the
big companies permanently rent a guaranteed block of landing areas.
Sometimes, they will flat out pay for an expansion where they get some
parkbays, a maintenance shop, several warehouses, and a small terminal
for passengers, all dedicated solely to them. Such mini complexes
would be called by the company that rents/paid for them.

The General Parking area also includes rentable access to maintenance
techs, who bring the shop to you! And it's 4 pads (up to 500 dtons) to
the warehouse, but that's immediate storage, not the long term stuff.
Small craft get are 20 pads to the warehouse.