Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Peter L. Berghold (27 Aug 2017 19:43 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (27 Aug 2017 19:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Peter Berghold (27 Aug 2017 19:59 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (27 Aug 2017 23:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Jeff Zeitlin (28 Aug 2017 00:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 03:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon (28 Aug 2017 04:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 07:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon (28 Aug 2017 08:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" tmr0195@xxxxxx (28 Aug 2017 17:15 UTC)

Re: [TML] Looking for a word to replace "General Aviation" Amber Witherspoon 28 Aug 2017 08:35 UTC

Apologies Tom, I have a hard time not trying to attach unique
identifiers to every Tom I know (along with Dick and Harry, but I
strangely know very few of those). And most of my coworkers, since it
wastes time to yell for the guy in charge of lighting and get the
forklift and the supervisor... (speaking of which, Jeff who shares a
name with one of my supervisors, coworkers, and a random lighting
designer with... I can't remember which tour - that article on
stagehands is being written. Slowly.)

Stationary orbit is usually taken to mean geosynch. Beanstalks kind of
require being very near or directly on the equator (which can be kind
of hard).

Most of my experience comes from a highschool I spent a short time at,
which focused entirely on preparation for airport ground crew training
(and was literally right next door to an active airport). General
Aviation was the technical term (and they were lucky to get a
maintenance shop with their hanger space if they paid for it), and -
as such - was never used by the people on the ground. It was
Public/General, Passenger, and Freight/Cargo. So there's that, and I
don't know what perspective Peter is writing his story from.
So I was kind of serious when I said General Parking. We already know
that ships are docked in Parkbays at the downport, it does kind of
make sense....