Re: [BAA Comets] C/2020 X3 and C/2020 S3 imaged during the recent total eclipse Nick James 19 Dec 2020 20:18 UTC

Padma,

I guess C/2020 X3 could be called an eclipse comet since it could only
have been observed from the ground during an eclipse. It wasn't
discovered during the eclipse though so I'm not sure whether that makes
it just another comet seen during a total eclipse. I'm not sure what the
exact definition is!

Nick.