Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - Session 0: "Baked Potatoes" Alex Goodwin (24 May 2020 05:40 UTC)

On 24/5/20 1:02 pm, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> That official had the same sense of humor as an Irish Guiness lorry
> driver that got stuck behind Sir Richard Harris at a red light. Harris
> wasn't good with a manual and he kept stalling when the light went
> green. He figured he was making the driver mad when he, all 6'4"+ of
> him, got out of his lorry and approached the car Sir Richard had
> borrowed (without a license, because he lost that for some sort of
> early life incident involving tipping a double decker bus).
>
> <Knock knock on the window>
>
> Sir Richard timidly rolls down the window, expecting mayhem....
>
> The driver simply had a question for Sir Richard:
>
> "Was there any PARTICULAR shade of BLOODY GREEN that you're waitin' for?"
>
> A great story you've told and that same wry sort of wit from your
> downport official that just seals the tale with a ribbon!
> <snip>

The CFR chief was based on a bush firie that Mr Sweep and I went to TAFE
with.  Long-term volunteer bush firefighters seem to end up that way -
whether a coping mechanism, or selection results, I'm not sure.

Not as graveyard senses of humour as those who targeteer nuclear
strikes, but a _lot_ of Danger Deadpan.