(missing)
Re: [TML] A small ship TU and a view of jump travel that creates it Thomas Jones-Low (05 Jul 2020 10:46 UTC)
(missing)
(missing)
[TML] It's not you, it's me Kelly St. Clair (05 Jul 2020 15:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Catherine Berry (05 Jul 2020 16:37 UTC)
(missing)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Kelly St. Clair (05 Jul 2020 23:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Thomas RUX (06 Jul 2020 13:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Kelly St. Clair (06 Jul 2020 00:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Kelly St. Clair (06 Jul 2020 00:08 UTC)
(missing)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Jeffrey Schwartz (06 Jul 2020 00:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Vareck Bostrom (06 Jul 2020 03:13 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me kaladorn@xxxxxx (06 Jul 2020 05:28 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Vareck Bostrom (06 Jul 2020 06:32 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Phil Pugliese (12 Jul 2020 14:13 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me kaladorn@xxxxxx (12 Jul 2020 19:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Phil Pugliese (21 Jul 2020 08:20 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Jul 2020 10:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Catherine Berry (06 Jul 2020 04:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me kaladorn@xxxxxx (06 Jul 2020 05:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Catherine Berry (06 Jul 2020 05:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me kaladorn@xxxxxx (06 Jul 2020 06:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Phil Pugliese (09 Jul 2020 21:39 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you,it'sme Charles McKnight (10 Jul 2020 18:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Alex Goodwin (06 Jul 2020 07:52 UTC)
Side question ; Orion's Arm Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Jeffrey Schwartz (06 Jul 2020 14:58 UTC)
Re: Side question ; Orion's Arm Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Jeffrey Schwartz (06 Jul 2020 15:59 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Thomas RUX (05 Jul 2020 23:09 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Phil Pugliese (07 Jul 2020 23:32 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Kelly St. Clair (07 Jul 2020 23:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Catherine Berry (08 Jul 2020 02:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Alan.Peery@xxxxxx (08 Jul 2020 08:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] It's not you, it's me Rupert Boleyn (08 Jul 2020 10:11 UTC)

Re: [TML] A small ship TU and a view of jump travel that creates it Thomas Jones-Low 05 Jul 2020 10:45 UTC

On 7/5/2020 1:29 AM, xxxxxx@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone recall how long it took to charge the drive in Annic Nova? And how
> close did you have to be to a sun if it was using solar radiation? One would
> think being in the outer sysem would really slow that down.... (energy density
> would be much less)

	Collectors are described in the T5 rules (T5.10 book 2 p.56)

The Collector is a specialized alternative Power Source.
It slowly absorbs exotic particle energy and releases it in a
burst which can fuel interstellar drives. A Collector is half internal mechanism
and half external extendable canopy. One full charge provides the
power requirement for a Jump Drive of equal Drive Potential.

	Collector table (T5.10 book 2 p.76), the collector is available at TL 14, with
each TL advance giving a +1 to the collector drive potential. So a Jump-4 drive
requires a Collector-4 to power

	The Drive Potential Table (T5.10 Book 2 p.77,78) give how the # of ton of
collector converts to a drive potential.

	After about 150 Charges (perhaps six years of travelling), the Canopy needs to
be replaced at a cost of MCr52.5, which is about Cr350,000 per Jump-2.

	Though, you know, The rules don't describe how long it takes to charge the
collector.

	According to JTAS1 (p. 27), the charging time is 1D weeks.

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	xxxxxx@softstart.com