Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Grimmund (23 Oct 2014 18:43 UTC)

Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Grimmund 23 Oct 2014 18:43 UTC

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Phil Pugliese (via tml list)
<xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:

>  Back of the envelope, under high guard, at tl15, with
>  a  100dton hull,
>  you can go J4, M4,  and have room for 2 staterooms, and
>  a turret, and
>  that's about it.
>
>   J4, 2G, 2 staterooms, and a turret, leaves you maybe 6
>  dtons.
>
>  Dan
>
> The J4 2G design looks like it's pretty close to the legacy scout ship as the old one did have some cargo space.

The J4/2G version has 2 staterooms (not 4, on the original), and 6
dtons remaining, which could be another stateroom, and air/raft bay,
or whatever else.

> If the turret was removed from the J4 4G design, how much cargo space would that yield?
> p.s. I don't recall that the legacy design could mount a turret?

The turret mechanism is a dton.  There is no way I'd send a 100 dton
ship out without a turret.

The original Book 2 scout had one empty double turret installed,
stock, along with 4 staterooms, an air/raft bay,  and 3 dtons of cargo
space left on the design.

I'm puttering in High Guard Shipyard.

Dan

--

"Any sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from a genuine
kook." -Alan Morgan