Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz (24 Oct 2014 13:34 UTC)

Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz 24 Oct 2014 13:33 UTC

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Grimmund <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Air/Raft went away... but 1dt craft bay. Hmm...
>> Grav Belts for all the crew?
>> Make that room a special "EVA Airlock" with a rack for Grav Belts?
>> Or custom design a vehicle that fits?
>
>  Air/Raft in a custom 'slot" bay that can only be accessed externally.
>   Crimps your ground-to-orbit operations, but still available for use
> dirtside.
>
> (Preferably, a bay on the upper surface, so it can be deployed if you
> crash/land on water/suffer a landing gear failure/etc.)

When I built the "Sierra" class in Second Life, I put a Zodiac-style
boat as an item stored (deflated) in the air/raft bay.
The idea was it would be a handy thing while field-refuelling in
lakes/rivers/ocean