Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz (24 Oct 2014 14:12 UTC)

Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz 24 Oct 2014 14:11 UTC

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Bruce Johnson
<xxxxxx@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 6:33 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> (Preferably, a bay on the upper surface, so it can be deployed if you
>>> crash/land on water/suffer a landing gear failure/etc.)
>>>

>> When I built the "Sierra" class in Second Life, I put a Zodiac-style
>> boat as an item stored (deflated) in the air/raft bay.
>> The idea was it would be a handy thing while field-refuelling in
>> lakes/rivers/ocean
>
> A Zodiac-style inflatable with some modified grav-belt-type CG to make an inflatable air-raft.

Now that is clever.