Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - The Canon Timeline Goes Boink Alex Goodwin (07 Jul 2020 04:47 UTC)

On 7/7/20 2:28 pm, Kelly St. Clair wrote:
> Huh, and here I just figured that - maybe wondered, a little - you
> were letting them discover/survey systems already marked and detailed
> on the canonical map, using those physical stats (only) for the
> mainworld(s) but generating any other bodies in the system on the fly.

Broadly, I was - was a hell of a lot less effort for the existing
systems.  The combo of 2x J-2 range and inability to deliberately jump
into empty space (thanks to IW-era jump maths) made for an interesting
run back to what they thought was the UN.

I ended up rolling up a whole lot of "empty" hexes using the MGT
deep-system-object rules and that's where the Boink got set up.  SR 2530
rocking out with a rogue gas dwarf was how the dice fell, and I just
about pissed myself when Badass-Moustache rumbled it.

Does anyone have an idea when Jump maths advanced far enough to relax
the "must have significant mass at other end to lock onto" requirement?