Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - The Canon Timeline Goes Boink Kelly St. Clair (07 Jul 2020 20:46 UTC)

Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - The Canon Timeline Goes Boink Kelly St. Clair 07 Jul 2020 20:45 UTC

On 7/7/2020 8:37 AM, Thomas RUX wrote:
> Howdy Alex,
>
> CT Alien Module 6 Solomani
> p. 4:
> UNSCA asteroid belt station discovered the jump drive in 2087 (p. 12 Imperial -2431).
>
> "The range of the jump-1 drives first developed by UNSCA was insufficient to reach the nearest star - Alpha Centauri. It took several years before a US Space Force (USPF) team based on Luna tried a mission which, in several trips, established an intermediate stopover and refuelling point about 1 parsec out. For various scientific reasons, the mission was to Barnard's Star instead of Alpha Centauri. They set out in 2096 (p. 12 Imperial -2422) and came back a year later..."

There is, of course, a persistent rumor both OOC and most likely IC that
the "various scientific reasons" involved DEEPLY classified ("burn
BEFORE reading") observations that /something/ strange was going on at
Barnard's.  Consider how good we've gotten at remote imaging, and
project that forward another half century...

--
Kelly St. Clair