Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - The Canon Timeline Goes Boink Thomas RUX (07 Jul 2020 15:38 UTC)

Re: [TML] Parental Advisory: Vector Thrust - The Canon Timeline Goes Boink Thomas RUX 07 Jul 2020 15:37 UTC

Howdy Alex,

CT Alien Module 6 Solomani
p. 4:
UNSCA asteroid belt station discovered the jump drive in 2087 (p. 12 Imperial -2431).

"The range of the jump-1 drives first developed by UNSCA was insufficient to reach the nearest star - Alpha Centauri. It took several years before a US Space Force (USPF) team based on Luna tried a mission which, in several trips, established an intermediate stopover and refuelling point about 1 parsec out. For various scientific reasons, the mission was to Barnard's Star instead of Alpha Centauri. They set out in 2096 (p. 12 Imperial -2422) and came back a year later..."

Looking at https://travellermap.com/?p=15.155!-105.5!7 the USPF established the way point in either hex 1826 or 1927. Based on the information, or lack thereof, my guess is that the math was created sometime between 2087 (Imperial -2430?) and 2089 (Imperial -2428?).

Tom Rux