Changing The Jump Drive Jeff Zeitlin (29 Jul 2017 01:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon (29 Jul 2017 01:28 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon (29 Jul 2017 01:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon (29 Jul 2017 15:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Timothy Collinson (04 Aug 2017 17:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive C. Berry (04 Aug 2017 18:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon (04 Aug 2017 19:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Kurt Feltenberger (04 Aug 2017 23:13 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive C. Berry (05 Aug 2017 20:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon (05 Aug 2017 21:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Tim (06 Aug 2017 03:09 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Tim (29 Jul 2017 09:02 UTC)

Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Amber Witherspoon 05 Aug 2017 21:14 UTC

As theory, it sounds fun. I do agree with you on how it works for a
game. Now, my original version of Jeff's idea (having it be a straight
multiplier of m-drive in parsecs/week) can be used, especially if
increased restrictions are put on gaining those higher order jump
drives (it's expensive as hell to go 36 parsecs a week, the few trade
routes that stretch that far are totally sewn up by megacorps, what
makes you think you can use your 500,000 ton J6 craft as an
adventuring ship? - size figure pulled out of my ass for the size of
the sort of jump carriers required to turn a profit on a J6 in this
supposed universe-).
Giving that much player choice only works if the players railroad
themselves - if they don't have a clear goal that they pursue
aggressively, the game will die from GM overload.