Re: Landing vs hovering (was Re: [TML] What class of Port is this?) Tim (15 Aug 2017 08:35 UTC)
Re: Landing vs hovering (was Re: [TML] What class of Port is this?) Christopher Sean Hilton (16 Aug 2017 20:26 UTC)
Re: Landing vs hovering (was Re: [TML] What class of Port is this?) Christopher Sean Hilton (17 Aug 2017 02:19 UTC)
(missing)
(missing)

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 08:12:21AM +0000, Greg Aldridge wrote:
> Also I can imagine that at higher grade downports the pad could be
> equipped to project a shaped AG field with sufficient gradient that
> the starship would want to settle into the middle of it in all but
> the most extreme conditions.

I'm certain that a ship could hover instead of setting down, in a way
that addresses all the safety concerns in this thread and so on.  I
just don't see yet what advantages that would offer.

- Tim