Re: Landing vs hovering (was Re: [TML] What class of Port is this?) Christopher Sean Hilton (16 Aug 2017 20:26 UTC)
Re: Landing vs hovering (was Re: [TML] What class of Port is this?) Christopher Sean Hilton (17 Aug 2017 02:19 UTC)
(missing)
(missing)
Re: Landing vs hovering (wasRe: [TML] What class of Port isthis?) Jeffrey Schwartz (30 Aug 2017 17:00 UTC)

Re: Landing vs hovering (wasRe: [TML] What class of Port isthis?) Jeffrey Schwartz 30 Aug 2017 16:59 UTC

Unless the field start up energy is high enough that it's no longer break even.

I see what you're saying about scaling up, but if the field energy
needs scale up as well, then it's still good.

I can also see the field as having a surface effect, like AC on a
conductor, which means hooking the generator to a wheel would make the
generator try to field the whole wheel on start up ....