Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Tim (21 Jan 2018 09:38 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 12:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 12:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 14:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (22 Jan 2018 13:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (27 Jan 2018 02:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Kurt Feltenberger (27 Jan 2018 02:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (27 Jan 2018 05:27 UTC)

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 04:06:49AM -0500, Caleuche wrote:
> Obviously, Traveller largely went in a completely different
> direction in general, but I'm always hopeful that there are a few
> others out there that make an attempt to harden their Traveller
> games to physical reality a bit more.

I have played some GURPS Transhuman Space, which I found to be much
more suitable to that goal.  To get anything resembling hard-SF out of
Traveller, you need to throw away at least half of the setting and
radically alter the rest.  It's just not that sort of game.

- Tim