Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 12:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 12:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (21 Jan 2018 14:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (22 Jan 2018 13:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Kelly St. Clair (25 Jan 2018 09:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (27 Jan 2018 02:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Kurt Feltenberger (27 Jan 2018 02:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller as a game about space, style of presentation Jerry Barrington (27 Jan 2018 05:27 UTC)

On 1/25/2018 12:24 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 01:14:58AM -0500, Caleuche wrote:

>> I wonder how many derelict spacecraft there are out there in the
>> traveller universe, drive systems failed, drifting at >0.01c, doomed
>> to wander the universe with the unfortunate player characters
>> forever. It's one way to end a campaign.
>
> It would have to be a pretty well-tuned disaster to knock out all of
> the ship's drive systems as well as the drive systems of all carried
> subcraft, without destroying the ship entirely.

Also, due to the existence of Jump, a rescue ship can always hop out
ahead of them and match vectors.  Then it just becomes a matter of
making sure your life support and/or low berths will last that long.

Sure, it's possible that THEIR drives will fail also - these things
happen - but at that point, your setup is looking increasingly
contrived.  So I'm gonna say "not many".

--
Kelly St. Clair